While we age, our body eventually undergoes various physical changes. These common age-related changes incorporate reduced bone density, weakened muscle strength, increased body fat, more deficient coordination and stiffer joints. These chronic effects of ageing affect older people’s mobility and balance and make them more likely unsteady. Anyhow, we can still reduce the inevitable part of ageing by opting Physiotherapy. Since Physiotherapists are well qualified to identify the physical and other factors that prevent older adults from being as active and independent as possible, they find ways of overcoming them. Henceforth, many healthcare providers like Anvayaa are affording Physiotherapy Home Service to encourage older adults from this difficulty.
Ultimately, Homecare Physiotherapy helps older people improve many of the factors associated with ageing, including strength, balance, flexibility, coordination and pain levels. Likewise, Physiotherapy for older people has also proven to maintain their health, well-being, functional ability, and independence.
Physiotherapy Exercises for Elders to do at Home
Read on to find the best home Physiotherapy exercises for the elderly to improve their balance, strength and feel more confident while walking.
Activity 1: Single Limb Stance
- Stand in behind a steady, sturdy chair and hold on to the back of it.
- Raise your right foot and rest your left.
- Keep the position for as long as you can, then move your legs.
Activity 2: Walking Heel to Toe
Plant your right foot before your left foot and move your left foot in front of your right foot. Then shift your weight to your toes. Repeat the same with the left foot. Walk this way for the next 20 steps.
Activity 3: Rock the Boat
Stand with your legs apart, so that the distance between them is the same width as your hips. Make sure your feet are planted well on the surface. Stand up straight, with the level of the shoulders. Then move your weight to your right foot and gently raise your left leg off the ground.
Slowly set your foot back on the floor, then move your weight to your foot. Raise the adjacent leg slowly. Start by doing this balancing exercise five times, then work your way up to more repetitions.
Activity 4: Back Leg Raises
Stand in the back of the chair. Slowly raise your right leg straight back – do not bend your knees or point your toes. Keep the stance for a second, then gently drop the leg back down. Repeat 10 to 15 times per leg.
Activity 5: Shoulder Rolls
Rotate the shoulders slightly to the ceiling, then back and forth. Then do the same thing, but roll it forward and then roll it back.
Activity 6: Wall Pushups
Stand the length of the arm in front of the wall and lean slightly over. Then put your hands flat on the wall at the height and width of your shoulders. Keep your legs rooted as you slowly bring your body to the wall. Gently push back and make your arms straight. Do 20 of these guys.
Activity 7: Marching in Place
Standing upright, raise your right leg as high as you can. Lower it, then raise your left knee. Lift your legs up and down 20 times.
You can excel all these Physiotherapy exercises without a strain if you have Anvayaa’s Physiotherapy Home Service on your side.
Importance of Physiotherapy Home Service
Various ageing issues can be prevented, treated, or managed by physiotherapy as part of a comprehensive wellness regime. Let’s look at the prime benefits of Physiotherapy Home Service below:
- It is prevalent for older people to suffer from various issues like arthritis, back pain, joint pain, muscle stiffness, ligament damage, inflammation, and mobility. And choosing the Homecare Physiotherapy will ultimately help the older people to manage the above challenges.
- Electing Physiotherapy for older people also plays a crucial role in respiratory care, orthopaedics, neurology and medicine.
- Since Neck, back, and joint pain are often the outcome of tight or weak muscles, limited blood flow, and inactivity, opting the Homecare Physiotherapy can improve blood flow, core strength, flexibility, and mobility.
- Since lack of body exercises pose a risk to older adults, particularly those with heart disease, osteoporosis or other common health issues, opting Physiotherapy for older people reduces the risk of exercise-related injuries.
- Since Slips and falls are particularly common and dangerous for the elderly, physiotherapy helps them build the strength and stability required to live life on their terms, without the fear of falling or slipping.
- For elders dealing with physical pain, maintaining mental health is just as important as physical health. Practising Physiotherapy Home Service can relieve anxiety and depression by releasing endorphins.
You were never too old to improve your physical and mental well-being through physiotherapy. Physiotherapy interventions are beneficial for older people. And Physiotherapy Home Service providers will ultimately work with you to assure that you can remain as independent and happy as possible. If you’re considering the Homecare Physiotherapy, contact the friendly and experienced physiotherapists at Anvayaa. Anvayaa’s Physiotherapy Home Service specializes in offering the Best Physiotherapy for older people at home. We’re committed to assisting you on the road to better health with the best Homecare Physiotherapy from the comfort of your home.